Practice Manager – Crofton/Edgewater
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
This position is responsible for managing the direct day to day operational management for our Crofton and Edgewater offices. This position entails working with providers, clinical, and operational staff. The Practice Manager works ensuring that their site(s) follows best practices and works closely with other AP Managers in Practice Management, Clinical, Finance, Marketing, Care Navigation, and Human Resources. This position includes direct supervisory responsibilities for front office staff and serves as the direct point of contact for providers (MD’s and NP’s) assigned to those locations.
The Practice Manager reports to the Executive Director. This position will be located at our Crofton location approximately 4 days per week and 1 day per week at our Edgewater location, depending on business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manages administrative and operational teams while adhering to best practices.
- Evaluates staff and departmental performance providing sound solutions and resolving problems.
- Analyzes and supervises complete office operations, processes, policies, and systems in conjunction with various managers to create timely and efficient workflow throughout the practice.
- Provides effective coaching, feedback, and development action plans to staff.
- Assures that all providers and staff members are adequately trained in all areas of practice operations in collaboration with appropriate AP personnel and departments.
- Maintains contact and positive relationships with vendors, suppliers, extended team members and patients when necessary.
- Assures that all patient encounters, whether in person, electronically, telephonic, via other communication links is achieved in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
- Initiates positive outcomes and excellent customer service and patient satisfaction.
Effectively controls practice expenses.
- Manages staff with responsibility for clerical supply levels, including establishing and monitoring ordering supply cycle.
- Responsible for assuring that revenue cycle processes within each site of responsibility are compliant with all requirements for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy; including but not limited to end of day reconciliation, balance collection at the time of service, insurance verification and eligibility.
- Establishes processes, procedures, and methodologies which result in meeting or exceeding established practice goals and objectives, and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Demonstrate awareness and monitors individual site(s) operational and capital budgets with other AP management team members, as needed.
- Ensures compliance of healthcare standards. DOL, OSHA, HIPAA, federal (CMS), State of Maryland statutes, rules, and regulations under all applicable federal and state, departments and acts collaboratively with the management team.
- Resolves problems and ensures compliance with medical regulations and office standards of quality patient care and customer service.
- Monitor and scrub schedules to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and adherence to scheduling rules.
- Update Provider schedule templates in EMR system.
- Accept all Provider call-outs and attempt to find coverage. Assign rescheduling of patients as needed.
- Collaborate with Clinical Managers to ensure adequate clinical coverage.
- Partner with management team to develop plans for Provider coverage (i.e. expanded hours, seasonal walk-in coverage, build-out of new space, etc.)
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration (required)
- Five years practice management in a healthcare setting (required)
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve goals, improve performance and enhance the patient experience.
- Ability to successfully resolve patient complaints and demonstrated ability to lead/teach others to do the same.
- Strong ability to work independently while also being a valuable, contributory member of a diverse team.
- Personnel management experience required to include exercising initiative, problem-solving, decision-making, development and maintaining effective relationships with providers, clinical and clerical staff, patients, and the public.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, electronic health record (EHR / EMR) implementation and usage.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.