We are now offering COVID-19 testing to all patients regardless of symptoms. See our "Testing" tab (below) for more information.
Should your child isolate away from others or quarantine?
Update as of 7/1/22: COVID Vaccines have been approved by the FDA and CDC for ages 6 months - 4 years.
COVID vaccine appointments are now available for ages 6 months to 4 years. Schedule your child's appointment online HERE.
- COVID vaccine appointments are all currently in-office visits.
- At this time, we have the Moderna vaccine for ages 6 months to 4 years, which is two doses, four weeks apart.
2nd dose vaccine appointments are now available for Annapolis Pediatrics' patients ages 6 months to y ears who have already scheduled or received their 1st COVID dose.
- To schedule your child's 2nd vaccine dose, go to our online scheduling portal, select “COVID Vaccination” under "Choose Specialty". Select "2nd COVID Vaccine" under "Appointment Reason".
- 2nd vaccines must be given at least 4 weeks after the first. 2nd vaccine appointments begin the week of July 25th.
- These appointments are reserved for 2nd COVID vaccines ONLY. We cannot accommodate 1st dose COVID vaccines scheduled in the "2nd COVID Vaccine" specific time slots.
COVID vaccines are also now available at well visits in 5 of our office locations (all except Pasadena, at this time).
If your child has an upcoming scheduled well visit in any of our offices (other than Pasadena), they do not need a separate COVID vaccine appointment for their 1st dose.
Do you have questions about the COVID vaccine for ages 6 months - 4 years?
Watch this video featuring our Medical Director, Dr. Edwards:
(video recorded on 6/20/22)
- The Pfizer COVID vaccine is available during well visits at all offices for children ages 5 and above.
- COVID booster shots are also available for ages 12 and above in accordance with CDC and ACIP guidelines.
- We are continuing to offer small COVID vaccination clinics whenever we can but appointments are limited.
- We encourage all patients to become fully vaccinated and receive their booster shots, if age appropriate, as soon as possible. Please do not wait to receive your COVID vaccine from Annapolis Pediatrics. Anne Arundel County Department of Health COVID vaccine options are located directly HERE and additional vaccination location resources are listed below.
- We have additional state and county vaccination information on our COVID Information page, as well as additional information about COVID-19, testing, interviews with our providers and more.
Booster Shot Information (updated 5/27/22) (ref. CDC)
- Patients 5 and older are now eligible to receive a Pfizer COVID vaccine booster 5 months after their second shot.
- For those 18 and older who received the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, this booster should be at least 5 months after the completion of their initial vaccine series
- For those 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, the booster should be at least 2 months after the initial vaccine.
- Booster doses can be with any COVID-19 vaccine available.
For some immunocompromised children aged 5-11 years old, it is recommended to receive an additional dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to complete the initial series - a total of three doses.
Children ages 5-11 who need this additional protection include those who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Please call our office and speak to your provider if you have any questions about whether this applies to your child. It is not required to receive the same brand of vaccine for this third booster. Speak to your provider about which vaccine is appropriate for your child.
Dr. Edwards shares COVID Vaccine Facts in a video HERE.
State of Maryland Vaccination Locations:
Anne Arundel County Department of Health Clinics:
Kent County Department of Health:
We are testing all patients regardless of symptoms or exposure.
All COVID testing performed at Annapolis Pediatrics will be accompanied by either a virtual or in-person visit depending on the type of appointment that is scheduled.
To schedule a testing appointment at Annapolis Pediatrics, please self-schedule an appointment HERE, or call our office.
If you do not wish to see a provider and are in need of a COVID test only, please visit a local area testing center. See options below:
To search and filter a list of Maryland Testing Locations (by location, cost and pediatric testing available), click HERE.
Luminis AAMC COVID-19 Testing Site at 2001 Medical Pkwy, Annapolis, MD 21401
- 7 days per week 9 AM – 3 PM
- Anne Arundel Medical Center South Pavilion
- Walk-ups only
- No appointment needed
- No physician order required
- PCR testing only, results take 24-48 hours
- Dress warmly for cooler temperatures while waiting
Anne Arundel County Resident Testing Locations:
Maryland Department of Health at 1 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Appointments are required
- Call: 410-222-7256 to schedule
Glen Burnie VEIP station at 721 E. Ordnance Road, Curtis Bay, MD 21226
- Wednesday and Friday: 8:00 AM -12:00 PM
- No appointment needed
Earleigh Heights Fire Department at 161 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park, MD 21146
- Opens Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm
- No appointment needed
Queen Anne's County Resident Testing Locations:
Queen Anne’s County Health Department at 206 N. Commerce Street, Centerville, MD 21617
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM (weather permitting- there may be extended/additional hours)
- More information including needed paperwork available here: https://health.maryland.gov/qahealth/
Edwards Pharmacy at 102 S. Commerce Street, Centerville, MD 21617
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Appointment required: go to https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/Centreville_MD_906.html to schedule
COVID FAMILY RESOURCES
For the rest of the year, children can receive three FREE meals a day at the county links below.
- Howard County
- Montgomery County
- Anne Arundel County
- Prince Georges County
- St. Mary’s County
- Charles County
- Harford County
- Frederick County
- Calvert County
- Queen Anne’s County
- Talbot County
- Baltimore City – Call 311 for locations and to schedule pickup time
Education and Entertainment:
COVID RELATED VIDEOS
COVID 5-11 Vaccinations and Flu
Dr. Edwards and Dr. Turner talk with Chesapeake Family Life - on 10/29/21
Watch the live interview on our Facebook page or on Chesapeake Family Life's website HERE.
Returning Our Children Safely to School
COVID Vaccine Myths: Busted!
Dr. Edwards and Dr. Turner talk about COVID vaccine myths vs. facts in their latest Pediatrician Chat.
COVID-19 Sports Clearance Guide
A video from our Medical Director on the importance of activity, and our COVID-19 sports clearance guide.
KIDS, COVID & VACCINATIONS
An Interview with Dr. Edwards, Dr. Turner and Chesapeake Family Life. Recorded 6.11.21
Exclusive interview with Dr. James Campbell: COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Annapolis Pediatrics’ Dr. Margaret Turner interviewed Dr. James Campbell from the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Maryland Center for Vaccine Development to get the details on the vaccine rollout and what we should know as parents.
Watch the full interview here: