We are now offering COVID-19 testing all patients regardless of symptoms EXCEPT for those who only need testing to return to school, to attend an event, to travel, etc. See our Testing tab for more information.
Should your child isolate away from others or quarantine?
- The Pfizer COVID vaccine is available during well visits at all offices for children ages 5 and above.
- COVID booster shots are also available for ages 12 and above in accordance with CDC and ACIP guidelines.
- We are continuing to offer small COVID vaccination clinics whenever we can but appointments are limited.
- We encourage all patients to become fully vaccinated and receive their booster shots, if age appropriate, as soon as possible. Please do not wait to receive your COVID vaccine from Annapolis Pediatrics. Anne Arundel County Department of Health COVID vaccine options are located directly HERE and additional vaccination location resources are listed below.
- We have additional state and county vaccination information on our COVID Information page, as well as additional information about COVID-19, testing, interviews with our providers and more.
BOOSTER SHOT INFORMATION (updated 1/13/22) (ref. CDC)
- Adolescents age 12 to 17 years old should receive a booster shot 5 months after their initial Pfizer vaccination series.
- For those 18 and older who received the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, this booster should be at least 5 months after the completion of their initial vaccine series
- For those 18 and older who received the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, the booster should be at least 2 months after the initial vaccine.
- Booster doses can be with any COVID-19 vaccine available.
For some immunocompromised children aged 5-11 years old, it is now recommended to receive an additional dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to complete the initial series - a total of three doses.
Children ages 5-11 who need this additional protection include those who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Please call our office and speak to your provider if you have any questions about whether this applies to your child. It is not required to receive the same brand of vaccine for this third booster. Speak to your provider about which vaccine is appropriate for your child.
Dr. Edwards shares COVID Vaccine Facts in a video HERE.
State of Maryland Vaccination Locations:
Anne Arundel County Department of Health Clinics:
Kent County Department of Health:
We are testing all patients regardless of symptoms EXCEPT for those who only need clearance to return to school/day care, to travel, to attend an event, etc. For all clearance testing, please visit one of the local testing sites listed below.
All COVID testing performed at Annapolis Pediatrics will be accompanied by either a virtual or in-person visit depending on the type of appointment that is scheduled.
To schedule a testing appointment at Annapolis Pediatrics, please self-schedule an appointment HERE or call our office.
COVID Testing Clinics
All testing done at one of our testing clinics will require a virtual appointment with one of our providers. The provider will send you a link via text message when they are ready to review the results with you (approximately 30 minutes to 2 hours after your test is collected) and assess your symptoms. The provider will also discuss appropriate quarantine guidelines or provide you with a return to school/daycare clearance and letter.
- Testing is primarily at our Edgewater location
- Monday-Wednesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Rapid and PCR testing available
- Testing is drive-up - Please remain in your vehicle and park in a parking space as close to the building as possible. Small children should remain in their car seats.
- Only patients with an appointment will be tested. We are unable to accommodate add-on patients at the time of your arrival. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Please be on-time and call our office if you are unable to make your appointment.
- If you miss your appointment or cancel with insufficient notice, a $25 no show fee will be applied.
If you do not wish to see a provider and are in need of a COVID test only (i.e. you require a test to return to school, you have returned from travel, need clearance to travel, need a negative test to attend an event, etc.), we will refer you to a local area testing center. (see options below)
To search and filter a list of Maryland Testing Locations (by location, cost and pediatric testing available), click HERE.
Luminis AAMC COVID-19 Testing Site at 2001 Medical Pkwy, Annapolis, MD 21401
- 7 days per week 9 AM – 3 PM
- Anne Arundel Medical Center South Pavilion
- Walk-ups only
- No appointment needed
- No physician order required
- PCR testing only, results take 24-48 hours
- Dress warmly for cooler temperatures while waiting
Anne Arundel County Resident Testing Locations:
Maryland Department of Health at 1 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Appointments are required
- Call: 410-222-7256 to schedule
Glen Burnie VEIP station at 721 E. Ordnance Road, Curtis Bay, MD 21226
- Wednesday and Friday: 8:00 AM -12:00 PM
- No appointment needed
Earleigh Heights Fire Department at 161 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park, MD 21146
- Opens Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm
- No appointment needed
Queen Anne’s County Resident Testing Locations:
Queen Anne’s County Health Department at 206 N. Commerce Street, Centerville, MD 21617
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM (weather permitting- there may be extended/additional hours)
- More information including needed paperwork available here: https://health.maryland.gov/qahealth/
Edwards Pharmacy at 102 S. Commerce Street, Centerville, MD 21617
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Appointment required: go to https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/Centreville_MD_906.html to schedule
COVID FAMILY RESOURCES
For the rest of the year, children can receive three FREE meals a day at the county links below.
- Howard County
- Montgomery County
- Anne Arundel County
- Prince Georges County
- St. Mary’s County
- Charles County
- Harford County
- Frederick County
- Calvert County
- Queen Anne’s County
- Talbot County
- Baltimore City – Call 311 for locations and to schedule pickup time
Education and Entertainment:
COVID RELATED VIDEOS
COVID 5-11 Vaccinations and Flu
Dr. Edwards and Dr. Turner talk with Chesapeake Family Life - on 10/29/21
Watch the live interview on our Facebook page or on Chesapeake Family Life's website HERE.
Returning Our Children Safely to School
COVID Vaccine Myths: Busted!
Dr. Edwards and Dr. Turner talk about COVID vaccine myths vs. facts in their latest Pediatrician Chat.
COVID-19 Sports Clearance Guide
A video from our Medical Director on the importance of activity, and our COVID-19 sports clearance guide.
KIDS, COVID & VACCINATIONS
An Interview with Dr. Edwards, Dr. Turner and Chesapeake Family Life. Recorded 6.11.21
Exclusive interview with Dr. James Campbell: COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Annapolis Pediatrics’ Dr. Margaret Turner interviewed Dr. James Campbell from the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Maryland Center for Vaccine Development to get the details on the vaccine rollout and what we should know as parents.
Watch the full interview here: