Pediatric Behavioral Health Provider
For over 70 years as a private practice, Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis area and surrounding communities. The practice has grown to over 35 physicians and nurse practitioners in 6 Maryland locations.
We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides. With some of our families, we have cared for three generations! More information on the services we provide to our patients and families, please visit www.annapolispediatrics.com
Annapolis Pediatrics is seeking a highly qualified full or part-time Pediatric Behavioral Health Provider to provide top quality, patient-centered health care to pediatric patients as part of our expansion of behavioral and mental health services. Become a part of our integrated team helping to treat the whole child. We are seeking a passionate pediatric therapist who is enthusiastic about providing quality patient care to the families within our practice. We believe in the four foundations of excellence in pediatric care: quality, convenience, choice, and continuity.
- Assists primary care provider in recognizing and treating behavioral diagnoses
- Works with the primary care team to treat and support clients efficiently and effectively
- Utilizes interview, observation, and collaborative information to complete comprehensive mental health assessments, generate differential diagnoses, and develop individualized treatment plans for clients
- Assesses for level of treatment need and coordinates transfer to higher level of care as appropriate
- Provides individualized short-term and maintenance level mental health therapy via individual and family sessions for clients and families as outlined in treatment plans
- Collaborate and consult with primary care providers as well as psychiatric providers to ensure care coordination and wholistic support
- Creates and presents mental health trainings for medical staff as needed
- Maintains thorough and consistent documentation for electronic medical record
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered license to practice in the State of Maryland with licensure as an LMSW, LCSW, PhD or PsyD
- A minimum of 2 years of pediatric therapy experience preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer systems and applications including electronic health record (EHR / EMR) usage
- Solid knowledge of CBT, DBT, ACT or play therapy helpful
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Competitive salary as a W2 employee
- Comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits, and a retirement plan
- Malpractice Insurance coverage
- CME days with annual allowance
- Excellent Work/Life balance
- Collegial working environment
- Fantastic clinical and operational support staff
- Independent private practice
- Full or part time opportunities available
- Virtual and in-office options available (in-office location is Crofton, Maryland)
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19. In confidence, interested candidates may send cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to [email protected].
No calls or inquiries from recruiting agencies, please.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.