Call Center Representative
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis area and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The ideal candidate will be capable of performing all the duties of answering incoming calls, making outbound calls, scheduling consultations, confirming consultations, managing schedules, participating in and conducting training modules. The Call Center Representative will be able to trouble-shoot technology issues, manage an escalated call, and perform special projects. Exceptional customer service skills required. Candidate must demonstrate excellent professional and courteous communication skills, both written and verbal. Minimum of one year previous experience in a healthcare environment required. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
Must be available to work weekdays, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00-5:30pm and one Saturday per month.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming customer phone calls from a multi-site medical practice and take appropriate action for each call.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Use company policies to determine if there can be an immediate resolution to a patient issue or if that issue requires managerial in-put.
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into EHR.
- Schedule appointments accurately and review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with each caller.
- Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income - if applicable).
- Take messages from our multi-line voicemail system and in-put into a phone message accurately and with detailed information.
- Remind caller to arrive 15 minutes before scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization.
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the practice.
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Develop an understanding of when to escalate calls to manager or triage nurse.
- Make reminder calls as requested.
- Make calls to reschedule appointments when necessary.
- Maintain professional and courteous relationships internally and externally.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate's Degree or related healthcare certification preferred.
- One year of experience in customer service and/or related clinical environment; working knowledge of medical terminology. Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Must be a Team Player with a strong ability to build Team Morale
- 2 years Experience on multi-line phone system required
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task and can pay close attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of Medical Insurance Plans and Payment policies and procedures
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Must be available to work in all office locations if needed
- Handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Communicate effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to handle a "call center" environment: work quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service.
Short-Term Remote Work Agreement
On a temporary basis, the Call Center Representatives currently work remote. The direct supervisor will notify all Call Center Representatives when the position will return to the designated office/department. Please understand that we reserve the right to change this date based on the then current circumstances and our business needs
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.