For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The Billing Representative is responsible for posting charges, completing claims to payers and maintaining communication with patients and third-party carriers until accounts are paid. The Representative will also perform functions such as answering patient phone inquiries and helping patients with questions or problems regarding their accounts.
- 40 hours per week, some flexibility will be afforded dependent on business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, review and transmit claims using EMR (eClinicalWorks).
- Check eligibility prior to services being rendered.
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance
- Work with patients to determine insurance eligibility, develop self-pay arrangements and set up payment plans.
- Contacts patients who have outstanding, past-due (30 days) guarantor balances to collect payment
- Process and follow up on payer denials
- Post payments in a timely manner, as assigned
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients; Assists with questions or problems regarding patient accounts.
- Participates in department meetings and daily huddles and adheres to HIPAA guidelines in maintaining patient confidentiality and Code of Conduct Policy.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience with medical billing and coding, preferably in a pediatric setting.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organizational, Administrative, and Customer Service skills.
- Ability to read an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in computer systems and navigation with MS Office software. Experience working within eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.