Patient Representative – Severna Park
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The Patient Representative (full time) is responsible for providing excellent customer service and creating a positive patient experience by ensuring efficiency from the registration process and through the check out process. The Representative will also perform functions such as managing in/out bound calls and scheduling/confirming appointments.
- Monday – Friday 7:55 am – 5:00 pm (or last patient)
- Sat/Sun: 1-2 weekend days per month. Weekends: 7:30 am - 1:00 pm (or until last patient checks out)
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide excellent customer service to ensure efficiency and patient satisfaction during the appointment
- Meets and greets patients on arrival; Maintains patient accounts by collecting and updating personal and financial information; Collects all co-payments and balances at time of service.
- Proficient use of the E.H.R. system as it relates to the Front Office/ Call Center Depts.
- Answer and screen telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients; Assists with managing the appointment schedule and provides updates to the provider or patient regarding possible delays.
- Assists with any inquires when patients arrive without an appointment (i.e. form inquires, prescription request or medical record request.)
- Ability to perform general office duties such as retrieve messages from voicemail; follow processes to route messages to appropriate dept; Maintains fax server,
- Generate excuse notes for patients; Scans documents for patients E.M.R and task documents to appropriate provider.
- Carries out any administrative task assigned by Practice Manager or Provider.
- Participates in department meetings and daily huddles.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in maintaining patient confidentiality and Code of Conduct Policy.
Experience and Qualifications
- Associate Degree (Preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of CUSTOMER SERVICE using an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organizational, Administrative, and Customer Service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Proficient in computer systems and navigation with MS Office software and utilize multi-line telephone systems.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.