Licensed Practical Nurse
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The LPN is the liaison between the patient/families and the provider in addition to other routine clinical responsibilities. The LPN is also responsible for educating patients and families in regard to patient care needs and assists with coordination of care under the direction of the provider.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare exam rooms for examination of patients. Keeping patient areas clean and well stocked.
- Performs initial assessment of patients, measure vital signs (e.g. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, respirations, weight and height) and records information in patient’s chart.
- Participate in implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Prepare for and assist providers during examinations and procedures.
- Update providers frequently on patient status and activity so those awaiting procedures are processed efficiently.
- Update all staff on the status of patient flow so the need for additional personnel can be assessed quickly and appropriate scheduling maintained to reduce patients wait times.
- Assist the providers with retrieving messages, returning calls, and triaging calls.
- Maintain and organize all instruments, drugs, equipment and supplies.
- Prepare dressings, administer medication, and perform treatments, lab procedures and splints as directed by the provider.
- Prepare and administer vaccines, medications and nebulizer treatments as directed by the provider.
- Perform calibrations and other quality control tests on laboratory equipment.
- Ensure all lab tests are performed and results are charted according to protocol.
- Handle all emergency situations in collaboration with the providers.
- Distributed appropriate patient information sheets, lab forms, school forms, medication forms and x-ray slips to patients as requested by their providers.
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with applicable laws and regulations including HIPAA, OSHA, and MOSH.
- Perform all lab opening/closing duties if assigned.
- Maintain professionalism and a positive attitude under all circumstances.
- Attend all department meetings and daily huddles as well as special project trainings.
- Interpret and support mission statement.
- Must possess a current license as a Practical Nurse from the Maryland Board of Nursing
- 1-2 years medical office experience in pediatrics, preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task and can pay close attention to detail is a must.
- Must have strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be flexible with rotating work schedule. Evening and weekend hours required.
- Must be available to work in all office locations if needed.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.