Certified Nursing Assistant
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for assisting/performing routine clinical tasks to assist the nurses and CMAs with the intake and lab testing procedures of patient care.
Must be flexible with rotating work schedule/ Evening and Weekend hours required. Must be available to work in any of our six (6) locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs routine clinical tasks to assist the nurses and CMA’s with the intake and lab testing of patient care
- Prepare exam rooms for examination of patients
- Keep patient areas clean and well stocked
- Measure vital signs (e.g. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure respirations, weight and height) and record information in patient’s chart.
- Prepare for and assist providers during examinations and procedures
- Update providers frequently on patient status and activity so those awaiting procedures are processed efficiently
- Update all staff on the status of patient flow so the need for additional personnel can be assessed quickly and appropriate scheduling maintained to reduce patients wait times
- Perform calibrations and other quality control tests on laboratory test kits
- Ensure all lab tests are performed and results are charted according to protocol Handle all emergency situations in collaboration with the providers
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with applicable laws and regulations including HIPAA, OSHA, and MOSH
- Maintain professionalism and a positive attitude under all circumstances.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the State of Maryland
- CPR certification required.
- One year of experience as a CNA preferred
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology and use of an electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organizational, Administrative, and Customer Service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.