The Quality Specialist is a member of the Quality department fielding incoming information from new patients, closing gaps on outstanding orders/referrals, assisting in quality initiatives with related tasks to support the overall quality metrics.
Weekdays – Monday through Friday. 8:00am – 5:00pm to equal 40 hours per week. This is an on-site position (not a remote position), based in the Crofton office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Quality Specialist will perform duties including, but not limited to
- Act as liaison with both other healthcare providers and our patients by fielding incoming correspondence to close the gap on outstanding orders/referrals
- Performs duties related to the receipt, preparation, scanning, indexing, and destruction of health and administrative information
- Monitor for received documents via fax, medforward, EMR, ect
- Ensure documents are properly entered into the chart
- Assist Quality Manager in any applicable initiatives
- Including but not limited to:
- HEDIS Dashboard Review
- Review Reports
- Patient outreach
- Compliance/Metric review
- Gap Closure
- Including but not limited to:
- Follow HIPAA guidelines in maintaining patient confidentiality and Code of Conduct Policy.
- Provides back-up for any of the other Health Information functions within the department.
- Performs other duties assigned which are substantially similar in scope, nature or character to those outlined above.
- Communicate with direct supervisor and/or various providers, clinical staff, patient services, and/or resources to resolve any problems or answer any questions;
- Generates lab and imaging requisitions
- Retrieve specialist notes/medical records per provider request
- Ensures that previous medical records are scanned into the chart in preparation for a new patient’s appointment
- Ensures that newborn hospital records are scanned into the chart in preparation for appointment
- Follow up on open referrals ensuring that specialist notes are received
- Closes orders for referrals once complete (i.e. notes are received)
- Imports lab and DI results to the patient chart and attaches them to the order. Sends to providers as necessary but especially when abnormal.
- Enters past immunization history into new patient’s chart in preparation for their visit.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least (2) two years of relevant experience using an electronic medical record (EMR) and billing system (preferred)
- Excellent Communication (written/oral), Interpersonal, Organizational, and Customer Service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, organized, set priorities and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate exemplary professionalism in handling highly sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Leads by example with a positive and resourceful attitude.
- Must possess excellent skills in problem solving, decision making, prioritization, and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.