Population Health Medication Coordinator
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The Population Health department works to enhance patient health, improve the health of populations, and reduce per capita cost of care. This is achieved through the identification, management and outreach of subsets (groups) of populations, as well as through quality goals and standards of care for the population at large.
The Medication Coordinator (FT) is responsible for screening and processing medications requests for Annapolis Pediatrics, and completing prior authorizations as needed. This position will work in close collaboration with the entire population health team.
Must be available to work full time – Monday through Friday.
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with 30-minute lunch break.
The position will be based in our Crofton Office
- Take off pharmacy phone messages every 30-60 minutes and create pharmacy tasks
- Monitor and take off pharmacy emails and create pharmacy tasks
- Monitor, prioritize and complete medication requests as needed to include:
- Pharmacy task box
- Fax machine in Edgewater
- Process medication requests and send to appropriate providers per policy/processes
- Verify that the patient is up-to-date with their current treatment plan to include a current physical exam and action plan ensuring that there are not any outstanding/follow up visits/calls and/or med checks, before sending medication request to provider.
- Maintain consistent quality control per guidelines/policies for Controlled Drug Substances
- Notify patient per ADD/ADHD policy if a request is made for a medication refill and patient is overdue for physical and/or medication check appointment.
- Communicate effectively with providers and pharmacists as needed to process medication requests.
Medication Prior Authorizations (Prior Auths)
- Prioritize and complete tasks in the Prior Auths task box
- Initiate Prior Auths for medications as needed
- Follow up on outstanding Medication Prior Auths
- Maintain formulary database (monthly updates)
- Collaborate with the Asthma Educator, Endocrine RN and Case Management specifically for high risk populations
- Under the direction of management, reconcile medication alerts from payers as the need arises
- Under the direction of management, assist with improving quality metrics such as generic prescription use, med check compliance etc.…
- Conduct patient outreach and assist with Population Health as needed
- Adhere to policies and standards of practice to ensure consistent quality control and patient compliance.
- Always maintain a professional and positive attitude with patients and staff.
- Attend all staff meetings.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate degree (Preferred)
- CMA or Pharmacy Technician Required
- Two years of medical office experience
- Experience with medication management in medical office preferred
- Experience with insurance companies/formularies (preferred)
- Experience using an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organizational, Administrative, and Customer Service skills with staff, providers, management, and patients.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Proficient in computer systems and navigation with MS Office software and utilize multi-line telephone systems.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits, and a retirement plan.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.