Patient Representative – Part Time, Annapolis
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The Patient Representative is responsible for providing excellent customer service and creating a positive patient experience by ensuring efficiency from the registration process and through the check out process.
Work Schedule/Part Time
• Monday through Thursday 4:00 pm – close (typically 8:30 p.m.)
• Weekend shifts (1-2 weekend shifts per month). Weekend shifts are 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m./1:00 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide excellent customer service to ensure efficiency and patient satisfaction during the appointment.
1. Meets and greets patients on arrival; Maintains patient accounts by collecting and updating personal and financial information; Collects all co-payments and balances at time of service.
2. Proficient use of the E.H.R. system as it relates to the Front Office/ Call Center Depts.
3. Answer and screen telephone calls in a professional manner.
4. Ability to effectively communicate with patients; Assists with managing the appointment schedule and provides updates to the provider or patient regarding possible delays.
5. Assists with any inquires when patients arrive without an appointment (i.e. form inquires, prescription request or medical record request.)
6. Ability to perform general office duties such as retrieve messages from voicemail; follow processes to route messages to appropriate dept; Maintains fax server,
7. Generate excuse notes for patients; Scans documents for patients E.M.R and task documents to appropriate provider.
8. Carries out any administrative task assigned by Practice Manager or Provider(s).
9. Follows HIPAA guidelines in maintaining patient confidentiality and Code of Conduct Policy.
Experience and Qualifications
• Associate Degree (Preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two or more years of CUSTOMER SERVICE using an electronic medical record (EMR).
• Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organizational, Administrative, and Customer Service skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
• Proficient in computer systems and navigation with MS Office software and utilize multi-line telephone systems.
• Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.