Behavioral Health Coordinator - Part-time
For over 70 years Annapolis Pediatrics has provided superior healthcare to the infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the Annapolis areas and surrounding communities. We commonly care for children of former patients and are proud of the outstanding level of continuity of care Annapolis Pediatrics provides.
The Behavioral Health Coordinator is responsible for performing administrative tasks to support the Behavioral Health Department.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 4:00pm – 8:30pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets and greets patients on arrival
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in maintaining patient confidentiality
- Manages the Behavioral Health appointment schedule, including “scrubbing” of the schedule one to two weeks ahead of time and provides updates to the provider or patient regarding possible delays/cancellations.
- Calls scheduled patients to remind them of upcoming appointments
- With Crofton Site Manager, manages the wait list/dismissal spreadsheet
- Scans all necessary documents into patients’ electronic health record
- Types letters for the Behavioral Health providers
- Monitors the Behavioral Health appointment task box.
- Organizes resources and forms, ensuring that they are updated and available to patients
- Maintains supply of handouts in exam rooms and office
- Mails resource documents to families upon request
- Updates the document server as needed, to keep resources/handouts current-for the practice and per provider, requests EHR referral list updates
- Carries out any administrative task assigned by the Behavioral Health nurse or doctor
- Ability to perform general office duties (fax documents, provide excuse notes for patients)
- Attends department meetings and huddles
- Works closely with Population Health Manager to track and follow up Mental health referrals to close the referral loop; assists Population Health as needed with Mental Health subset
- Coordinates with providers and external BH Navigators as needed for patient care management
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One year of medical office experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology and use of an electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organizational, Administrative, and Customer Service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities.
Interested candidates may send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Annapolis Pediatrics / Human Resources Dept.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Annapolis Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Annapolis Pediatrics offers a comprehensive benefit package to include health benefits, paid time off, disability benefits and a retirement plan.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.